2,2-Dibromo-3-Nitrilopropionamide is a biocidal agent which is known for its quick-kill property. It finds application in paper making, paper coating, & slurries as preservative and for controlling slime on paper machines. This compound is known to have chemical formula C3
O with molar mass of 241.87 g/mol. Appears as white translucent crystals, it is also perfect for use during hydraulic fracturing and in cooling water. 2,2-Dibromo-3-Nitrilopropionamide is known to have ability to get hydrolyzed under both alkaline & acidic conditions. It is known to quickly react and form number of products including ammonia & bromide ions.
- Other names : Dibromocyano acetic acid amide ; 2,2-Dibromo-3-nitrilopropionamide
- PubChem CID : 25059
- Molecular Formula : C3H2Br2N2O
- Molecular Weight : 241.87 g/mol
- IUPAC Name : 2,2-dibromo-2-cyanoacetamide
- CAS Number : 10222-01-2
- Monoisotopic Mass : 239.853 g/mol
- Form : Solid
- Color : White to "off white" crystalline solid
- Boiling Point : Decomposes at 190 deg C
- Melting Point : 123 to 126 deg C
- Stability : Stable under normal conditions, decomposition accelerated by light & heat.
- Decomposition : When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Br(-) and /nitrogen oxides/.
- Corrosivity : Corrosive to mild steel, iron and aluminum